Custom Made Awareness Jewelry – Breast Cancer Domestic Violence or Diabetes AwarenessBy
Awareness Jewelry is a great way to make a statement of support!
When you or your family are touched by a illness or affliction, your first response is to help them battle back to health. By changing their eating habits or eliminating triggers (such as sugar for people with diabetes) it can really help them to feel better much faster. For those that want to show their support for people with afflictions such as breast cancer, domestic violence, autism or diabetes awareness, custom made jewelry is the perfect way to make a statement.
Wearing a pink ribbon is a sign of support for breast cancer awareness.
Do you know what the symbol is for diabetes awareness? Diabetes Awareness is represented by a grey ribbon! With that there are so many different ways you can express support for those battling diabetes and in memory of those loved ones we’ve lost to diabetes. Diabetes affects a over 23.6 million children and adults in the US — 7.8% of the population. 1.6 million new cases are diagnosed every year. Certain things, like diet and exercise, can help, but there’s plenty you should know about this disease. Click to http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/diabetes-statistics to learn more.
Awareness jewelry is so much more than just a piece of custom made jewelry. It’s a message from the heart. As a woman, we are all aware of female health challenges. The pink ribbon represents breast cancer awareness. Each year it is estimated that nearly 200,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die. Approximately 1,700 men will also be diagnosed with breast cancer and 450 will die each year. For more information about breast cancer visit: http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/ Many large companies and professional organizations have joined in the battle to bring more awareness to the fight against breast cancer. The Susan G. Komen Foundation, Yoplait with their pink lid campaign and the NFL have all joined forces to spread the message of early detection and awareness.
- Red Ribbon – Heart Disease, HIV/AIDS, Substance Abuse
- Orange Ribbon – Leukemia, Hunger Awareness, Agent Orange Exposure, Cultural Diversity, Multiple Sclerosis, Lupus, Racial Tolerance
- Yellow Ribbon – Adoptive Parents, Deployed Soldiers, Endometriosis, Liver Cancer, Liver Disease, Missing Children, Suicide Prevention, Testicular Cancer
- Teal Ribbon - Ovarian Cancer, Native American Reparations, Sexual Violence, Spaying and Neutering Pets, Substance Abuse, Tourette Syndrome
- Blue Ribbon – Arthritis, Child Abuse Prevention, Colon Cancer, Crime Victim Rights, Drunk Driving, Epstein-Barr Virus, Freedom of Speech, Hurricane Support, Police Officers Lost in the Line of Duty
- Puzzle Piece – Autism Awareness
- Purple Ribbon – Alzheimer’s Disease, Animal Abuse, Cancer Survivor, Children with Disabilities, Crohn’s Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Domestic Violence, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Macular Degeneration, Pancreatic Cancer
- Pink Ribbon - Breast Cancer Awareness, Combined with purple & teal ribbon represents Thyroid Cancer
- Silver Ribbon – Abuse of the Elderly, Children with Disabilities, Diseases or Disorders of the Brain, Parkinson’s Disease
- Black Ribbon – Melanoma, Mourning, POW-MIA, Suicide
- White Ribbon – Adoption, Alzheimer’s Disease, Bone Disease and Bone Cancer, Free Speech, Innocence, Peace, Poverty Awareness, Purity, Student Sexual Assault
- Gold Ribbon – Childhood Cancer Awareness
- Grey Ribbon – Diabetes, Allergies, Asthma, Brain Cancer, Brain Tumors
Truly, this is just the beginning of awareness symbols. When sending a message of awareness, strength and support the most received message is from the heart. Designs by Dawn Marie takes great pride in creating One of a Kind Awareness Jewelry designs. From Pink Ribbon Necklaces to a diabetes awareness grey ribbon bracelet, giving the gift of jewelry – especially such personal jewelry – will be well received.